we loooove spring. it is known for representing things like renewal, rebirth, change, beauty, purity, nature… for us, spring always just feels like a new beginning.
spring has been a little slow to bloom where we are, but we’re still super excited to embrace the season, so we’re buzzing about some of our fav ways to celebrate the springtime.
getting out and playing
“We don’t stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw
live like children
we forget any "big person" problems or responsibilities and play the day away with simple pleasures...
• blow bubbles
• go to the park and play on the swings
• jump on a trampoline
• fly kites
• eat an ice cream cone
“Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts." - Rachel Carson
take the earth in
we get outside and take in sunshine, nature, fresh air, life...
• take aimless walks
• read a book outside
• have a picnic
• go to a butterfly garden
• take random pictures outside
“Nature often holds up a mirror so we can see more clearly the ongoing processes of growth, renewal, and transformation in our lives." - Mary Ann Brussat
let go of the old
we release the grasp we have on things that hold us back in life. whether it's literal physical things, or mental or emotional energy, spring motivates us to let it go...
• clean our rooms or apartments and get rid of the things that no longer have purpose or meaning in our lives
• clean out our closets and give away the clothes that don't represent our true energy
• burn old photos of negative people or experiences
• gentle health cleanses with juicing or herbs
• make conscious choices to once and for all leave things from our past in our past and open our arms to new things
spring playtime outfits
think shorts, rompers, flower prints, pastel colors, easy girly accessories and cute canvas sneakers. pulled together they make up fun outfits you can run around in, but still feel springtime pretty in...